blogtitle

tasty jewelry

My photo
Austin, TX
I'm a jewelry designer with a passion for mod graphics, retro architecture & creative cooking.

search the daily menu:

followers

9.09.2009

just back from NYC....

So it's been awhile since I've last posted anything here. Its not for lack of anything going on, quite the contrary. I've been quite busy indeed. So here's a quick rundown of what I've been working on:

1) Re-designing the website with LOTS of new merchandise. I found that I'm really being drawn back to my original style of making contemporary and mod jewelry with metal and semi-precious stones. The printed graphic work that I've been doing for the past few years has been completely satisfying, don't get me wrong, but tends to be a bit more limited in its execution. It will make its way back but in a completely new and fantastic form. Relaunch of the website is scheduled for late September with a party to celebrate it!

Photobucket

2) Doing more social networking and socializing in general. Getting out and about in Austin and letting people know that I exist has been really great so far and I've made some wonderful new friends & contacts in the process. Follow me on twitter as: tastydiane if you want to really keep up with my daily goings-on.

Photobucket

3) Preparing for New York. Its been 6 years since I've moved to Texas and while its been a wonderful experience (for the most part) I feel like I've done what I've needed to do here and am ready to move...home. I just spent the last 8 days in New York mixing a bit of work with pleasure and it just completely solidified what I have known all along. That I belong to New York. Every fiber of my being, who I am, what I stand for, my energy level, my design aesthetic, my motivation, my want to be a part of something big, everything points to being there. So I am preparing to go. Is anyone I know really surprised? Not at all.

And a nod to a new friend who made my trip so much fun. You've got a great sense of humor, great taste in music, know how to drink a proper pint, and have great taste in people. Cheers!

Photobucket

xo diane

No comments: