blogtitle

tasty jewelry

My photo
Austin, TX
I'm a jewelry designer with a passion for mod graphics, retro architecture & creative cooking.

search the daily menu:

followers

9.21.2009

moving on...

I think anyone who knows me realizes that the past year has not been one of my best. I would have to agree, but that being said, I can add that even though it's been tough, its also been a great opportunity for me to learn & grow.

Recently losing my mother to a rare illness and then letting go of a relationship that wasn't meant to be are two incredibly difficult things for anyone to experience. Having both of them happen within 10 months of each other, well that's a different story altogether.

When you are in the middle of crisis you just don't see things clearly. It takes time and a lot of courage to find your way out. You just take it a day at a time until one day you just realize that its over, you've survived, and most importantly, you've learned something about yourself and your character.

Recently I had that day. A moment of clarity, an awareness of what I wanted and where I wanted to be. It really felt great. It really feels great.

nyc

So here's to all the wonderful people that helped me through the first part of this year...I'm looking forward to finishing it with a big smile on my face.

cheers!
xo diane

No comments: