blogtitle

tasty jewelry

My photo
Austin, TX
I'm a jewelry designer with a passion for mod graphics, retro architecture & creative cooking.

search the daily menu:

followers

1.24.2010

My night out...

I just returned from seeing The Cribs play at The Parish here in Austin. I had seen them last year in November at the Bowery Ballroom in New York and they were amazing there. I had no idea that they could put on an even better show.

Now, I must start by saying that the crowd in NY was WAY better than they were here. As soon as the music started a thumping, pulsing crowd started to move & couldn't be stopped for the entire show! I should say that there were some people here who were getting into it & dancing so to them I applaud you for having a good time. No offense, but seeing people text and just stand there the whole time doesn't seem like a good crowd to me. I really feel sorry for you if you spend $22 for a ticket to see a band, then just stand there motionless with an "ok, impress me" attitude. Just stay home...
Rant over.

Here are some pics that I took. I don't have a fancy camera so I am just going to call them "artistic" & we'll leave it at that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No good, I know...but I wasn't there to take photos...I was there to enjoy the music. They played pretty much everything I wanted to hear; Hey Scenesters!, Our Bovine Public, Men's Needs, We Were Aborted, I'm a Realist, Be Safe etc. It seemed like the band was enjoying the crowd & they were working hard to get them involved. It paid off in the end, the show really rocked!

cheers!
xo diane

No comments: